Medicare: Home health care services covered by Medicare must be intermittent or part-time and provided by a Medicare-certified home health agency. To be eligible you must be:
- Older than 65 (some disabled under 65 are exempt from this age requirement)
- Under a physician's care (the physician must authorize and periodically review the home health care plan)
- In need of medically necessary skilled nursing or therapy
THE MEDICAL TEAM is a Medicare-certified home health agency.
Medicaid: A program for low-income individuals, eligibility for which varies by state. Home health care coverage is mandated in all states for people who:
- Receive federally assisted income maintenance payments such as Social Security income or Aid to Family with Dependent Children
- Are deemed "categorically needy" (individuals who are aged, blind, and/or disabled with incomes above the mandatory coverage level but below federal poverty levels)
THE MEDICAL TEAM is licensed and certified to provide services under Medicaid.
Older Americans Act (OAA): Enacted by Congress in 1965, the OAA funds state and local social service programs for frail and disabled older individuals to continue their independence in their communities. Coverage may include home healthcare agencies, personal care, meals, and shopping, to name a few. Individuals must be 60 years of age or older and must be in greatest social or economic need.
Veterans Administration: Home healthcare may be covered for veterans through the Veterans Administration.
Social Services Block Grant Programs: Federal social services block grants are awarded to states each year for service needs, which may include an allocation to home healthcare agencies.
Community Organizations: Depending on a patient's eligibility and financial circumstances, certain community organizations may pay for all or part of the necessary home health or care services.
Private Insurance, Managed Care Plans and Workers Compensation: Many private insurance policies, HMOs, PPOs and Workers Compensation plans cover home healthcare when prescribed by a physician. Please review your policy for specific terms.
THE MEDICAL TEAM is a preferred provider for numerous insurance plans. For insurance cases, THE MEDICAL TEAM will verify the patient's coverage, including any co-payment, and bill the insurance company or other third-party payer for the patient.