Patients with non-healing wounds or ulcers, surgical wounds or incisions from traumatic injuries, or new ostomies will be helped in the care and management of these wounds. Additionally, incontinence care and management techniques are offered. Services are provided in accordance with the standards of care established by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society.
- Health status assessment
- Development of an individualized care plan
- Skilled care as ordered by physician and based on established protocols
- Instruction to patients and caregivers in skin and wound/ostomy/incontinence management and in the role of proper nutrition
- Coordination and communication with the patient’s physician and other health care providers
- Outcomes reporting on key indicators of wound improvement and management, and patient satisfaction
Teams are comprised of nurses specially trained to provide complicated wound care. Many of our nurses are trained in the use of Wound Vacuum Assisted Closure (V.A.C ®) devices, and several hold certifications in wound care management.